Missouri Workers Compensation Coverage Requirements
- If you have a business in Missouri with five or more full or part-time employees you are required by law to carry Workers Compensation insurance.
- If you have a contracting business in Missouri with one full or part-time employee you are required to carry Workers Compensation insurance.
- Sole proprietors and partners are excluded under the Workers Compensation statute in Missouri unless they choose to be included.
- LLC members and corporate officers are considered employees in Missouri and are included in workers compensation coverage. LLC members have the option to exclude themselves from coverage in Missouri, but to do this, each LLC member must complete one of the LLC rejection of coverage forms, depending on whether the LLC operating agreement is an oral or written agreement.
- General contractors are liable for any injuries to uninsured subcontractors or their uninsured employees and can require the subcontractors carry workers compensation insurance.